December 2, 2009

A Peak Into My Life

I am currently a proud student at Rider University. I am currently double majoring in Psychology and Elementary Education, with minors in Early Childhood education and Special education. I am an 18 year old lifelong resident of Fort Lee. I was born and raised in Fort Lee, NJ. I am a proud Alum of Fort Lee High School. Before I came to Rider I was unaware of how so many people know so little about Fort Lee. Fort Lee is a historic town conveniently located two minutes away from the George Washington Bridge and NYC. I grew up in a house with 4 women, me, my sister, my mom, and my grandma. My parents are divorced and I consider myself to be a very lucky individual because I get to see my dad often. My parents got divorced at a young age and I always knew my mother’s boyfriend as a second father figure in my life. I love being surrounded by my family. My favorite things in the world are the Beach, fishing, dancing, going to the zoo (I love animals!), cheering, monster trucks, my family and friends and also my pets and the kids I babysit. My pets and kids that I take care of have played a huge role in my life that I did not even realize until I went away to college. My friends often make fun of me because I call them my babies. I treat my pets like they are real people. The children and babies that I take care of are my favorite people to be around. They are so amazing, they don’t judge anyone, there laugh all the time and I could not love them more if they were my own siblings or children. I currently still see them on the weekends when I am home; however, it is not the same as seeing them every day. I also have a strong love for the two boys with Autism that I do applied Behavior Analysis work with. As you can see I am very loving and caring and intend to work with children for the rest of my life. After graduation I intend on possibly continuing on to grad school or starting my career.